Wednesday, January 18, 2023

I'M ƬΉΣ ӨПΣ ЩΉӨ ᑕЯΣΛƬΣD ƬΉΣ DΣVIᒪ

I'm the one who created the devil
I shaped his form out of dishonesty
I made sure he would do everything evil
I needed him as much as he needed me

My Frankenstein brought forth was pure genius
Programed to be deceitful & cruel
Mr. Hyde created only a template
But my creation sent all of the monsters back to school

I had envisioned I would battle my creation
for the rest of my life
I had envisioned that the only way to stop him
Was to dance on the edge of a knife

Now I stand in the presence of The Holy One
And my creation melts like ice in the desert sun
And all the power I gave to The Evil One
Turns into strength to be who I must become.

Stephen Shearer: 1988

You're the One Who Created the Devil

You're the one who created the devil
You shaped his form out of dishonesty
You made sure he would do everything evil
I used to be there now it's you it's not me

He's in this town searching for victims
He feeds on fantasies of fear doubt & hate
You better flee, you need to leave him alone
Before you find out it's too little, too late

Had you envisioned you would battle your creation
for the rest of your life
Do you envision that the only way to stop him
Is to dance on the edge of a knife

As you stand in the presence of The Holy One
Your creation melts like ice in the desert sun
And all the power you gave to The Evil One
Turns into strength to be who you must become.

Stephen Shearer: 1988, revision: 2004

No comments: